Information for Grant Applicants
Organizations applying for grants should draft a proposal using the following checklist.
The application should be concise and should include the following information:
- Concise history of the organization with an overview of current programs and activities.
- Description of the challenge to be met by the project.
- Detailed description of the project, including strategies, measurable objectives and a timetable.
- Plan for continuing the project once the Foundation’s funding ends.
- Plan for evaluating the project.
Attachments should include the following information and should be no longer than ten pages:
- Names and qualifications of persons responsible for carrying out the program.
- Detailed project budget and narrative, including income sources and expenditures, as well as a list of other requests for funding, including those received, approved or pending.
- A list of the organization’s board members including the board members’ principal occupations and terms of office.
- Financial statements, including the organization’s operating budget, balance sheet and statements of support, revenue and expenses for the last completed and current fiscal year.
- Statement from the organization’s board of directors authorizing the request and agreeing to implement the project if funded.
- Copy of the Internal Revenue Service notice stating that the organization is tax-exempt or a copy of the organization’s fiscal agent’s 501(c)(3) with a letter from that organization stating its willingness to serve.
Mailing Instructions (for those not using the online application)
Applicants should mail two copies of the completed proposal (including supporting material) to:
Charles Lamar Family Foundation
P. O. Box 66338
Baton Rouge, LA 70896
or deliver to Woodlawn Investments, Inc., 5321 Corporate Blvd., 3rd Floor, Baton Rouge, LA 70808.
For further information on the Foundation, grant applications or timelines, please write Charles Lamar at the address above, call (225) 924-3527, or email email@example.com.